Sunday, March 9, 2014

Updates and Spring is in the Air!

I need spring. If I learned anything this weekend, it's that I need spring in a big way. We had two lovely weather days, so we got out of the house. It was glorious! On Saturday, we did a little shopping, and went for two walks. It was so nice to be outside in the sun. Today, we went to Tom's parents' house for Tom's birthday. Later, we took another walk. It was a bit chillier today, but it was still so nice to be outside for some fresh air. Lily and Jack enjoyed riding in the stroller. Lily also got to play with bubbles and swing in the backyard for a bit. This weekend made me very optimistic for spring. The forecast for the week is looking semi-promising, but there is some rain/snow even that is coming at the end of the week that looks like it could be icky.

Lately things have been quiet at school and around the house. Lily had a milestone today- her first paper cut. I say milestone because, as she is my daughter, getting a paper cut runs in her genes. She took it well though; better than I usually do! Lily has also hit the 3s early, which is so less than pleasant. Usually, she is a very good kid, but lately, her listening skills have been horrible! She is openly defiant and thinks it's very funny when you discipline her. I know this too shall pass, but I hope it passes faster than all the other phases!

Jack is also doing well. He is eating basically all real foods now; he only gets purees when he is being picky (which is really rare). He is almost off of his bottles. Today, he really only had one bottle before bed. He is doing very well with whole milk in a sippy (except for today, when he decided to drink a lot of milk in the car and then let most of it dribble down his front without our realizing it...his fleece and his onesie were soaked with milk). He is walking multiple steps now, but he isn't walking fully yet. He still prefers to crawl because it is a faster mode of getting around (for the moment, at least). At his 1 year appointment he weighed 26 pounds (the nurse put 29 on the paper, but I think that was an error) and was 32 inches long. He is really the size of a two year (I would know because he is almost the size of Lily). The doctor said that his size is just fine, although, as he gets older we might notice that people will expect more of him because they will assume he is older. He said that will mostly happen when he is school aged, but just to watch out for it.

I have about 10 blog posts that I have started and stopped, so maybe, at some point, I will get around to finishing one of them. For now, these updates will have to do!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I love to read newer blogger like myself!
    xoxo,
    http://pookasfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete